Excursions & Events
Graz offers a great opportunity for sight-seeing and recreational activities. The following recommendations provide an overview of the numerous available facilities:
- Indoor climbing: A climbing gym in the center of Graz offers a great variety of activities for all ages from Monday to Sunday.
- High rope course Hilmteich: To all climbing enthusiasts - this high rope course will challenge your dexterity.
- Spa & swimming pool "Auster": This two-story spa, which includes an indoor swimming pool, is the perfect place to recharge your batteries.
- Shopping facilities: The city center offers a vast selection of shops of all kinds. A visit to the store Kastner&Öhler is a must-do: www.kastner-oehler.at
- Children's museum Frida & Fred: A museum designed for kids - locations of many interesting exhibitions.
- Schlossberg Graz: The clocktower, the town's landmark, is located on the Schlossberg. The magnificent view over Graz is for every visitor a must see.
- Schloss Eggenberg (Castle): The largest and most eminent baroque castle complex of Styria is definitely worth visiting.
- A great variety of restaurants, bars und coffee shops with gardens invite to afternoon and evenings of relaxation. How about strolling through the city with a frozen yogurt or ice cream of one of the many manufacturers?
- New in Graz: Your date with Erzherzog Johann...or at least with his collection of minerals - the State Museum Joanneum with the new museum of natural history hosts a lot of interesting exhibitions
- Casino Graz: www.casinos.at/content.aspx